Canterbury Museum has a rich and fascinating history and an exciting future. Sponsorship, donations and bequests can make a real difference to our work.
The Commodore Hotel helped with the purchase of this tractor used by Sir Ed Hillary at Scott Base, Antarctica.
We gratefully acknowledge the significant ongoing financial support from the Christchurch City Council, and the Waimakariri, Hurunui and Selwyn District Councils for our operational budgets and from our funders and sponsors:
- Adson Trust (purchase of Ivan Mauger Collection)
- Commodore Hotel Christchurch (purchase of tractor used at Scott Base during the 1955 - 1958 British Commonwealth Trans Antarctic Expedition)
- Cranleigh Barton Trust (conservation of artefacts)
- Christchurch City Council Creative Communities (Alternative Radio: RDU98.5FM since 1976 exhibition)
- Mason Foundation (research funding and publication of Records of the Canterbury Museum)
- Ministry of Education (Learning Outside the Classroom funding)
- Rata Foundation (Alternative Radio: RDU98.5FM since 1976 exhibition and digitisation of MacDonald's Dictionary)
- R S Allan Memorial Fund (research funding)
- Wakefield Williams Trust (conservation of artefacts)
Sponsors of Alternative Radio Exhibition
- Meridian Energy
- Broker Web Services
- University of Canterbury Students' Association